Monday, April 4, 2016

Will: John Pilcher (1826)

JOHN PILCHER Will
Prince William County Will Book M, pg 351
26 Feb 1825; proved 02 Jan 1826

In the name of God Amen be it remembered that I JOHN PILCHER of the County of Prince William & Commonwealth of Virginia being weak of body but sound mind and memory do publish this writing as my last will and testament, and as touching such worldly estate wherewith it hath pleased God to bless me in this life I give, devise, and dispose of the same in the following manner and form, after my just debts and funeral expenses are paid, I give and bequeath to my beloved wife MARY PILCHER all my estate of every kind and sort with which I may be possessed at my decease consisting of one mare and colt, one cow and yearling and one steer and nine head of hogs, and also all my household and kitchen furniture and all my plantation utensils of every kind and sort, to be possessed and enjoyed by my wife MARY PILCHER for and during her natural life, and at her death, I give and bequeath to my nephew JESSE PATTERSON JUNR. all the above mentioned property as so much thereof as may be remaining at my sd. Wife MARY PILCHER’s decease after her funeral expenses are paid to him the sd. JESSE PATTERSON JUNR. and his heirs forever.  In witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand and affixed my seal this 26th day of February in the year of our lord 1825.

JOHN PILCHER

Signed sealed and published by the sd. JOHN PILCHER as his last will and testament in presence of teste,
WANTSFORD EVANS, CARLES SHAW, JAMES D. BAUGHANSON

At a Court held for Prince William County Jany 2d 1826, this last will and testament of JOHN PILCHER decd. was presented to the Court and being proved by the oaths of WANTSFORD EVANS & C. L. SHAW is admitted to record.


Teste, PHIL. D. DAWE

No comments:

Post a Comment