Monday, August 31, 2015

Will: William B. Hamilton (1811)

WILLIAM B. HAMILTON Will
Prince William County Will Book K, pg. 116
7 Sep 1811; proved 7 Oct 1811

In the name of God Amen I WILLIAM B. HAMILTON of Prince William County in Virginia, being of perfectly sound mind do make, constitute, and appoint this my last will and testament hereby revoking all others by me hitherto made.  In the first place I will and direct that all the just claims of my creditors shall be discharged.  I then give and bequeath to my dear wife MARIA all the rest and residue of the property of every kind of which I am now possessed to her and her heirs forever.  And farther it is my will that whatever property I have at present a prospective or reversionary interest in shall whenever the descont, or reversion takes place be equally divided one third to each between her and our two children WILLIAM and JOHN.  And I do hereby constitute and appoint my said wife the sole executrix of this my last will and testament, directing also that no security shall be required for the due performance of the trust reposed in her.  In Witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal this 7th day of September eighteen hundred and eleven.

(Interlined before signature.)

W. B. HAMILTON {seal}

Signed and acknowledged in the presence of
REUBEN T. HAMILTON
STEPHEN KING
ROBT. HAMILTON
THOS. B. HAMILTON

At a Court held for Prince Wm. County October 7th 1811.

This last will and testament of WM. B. HAMILTON decd. was presented to the Court by MARIA HAMILTON the Executrix therein named who made oath to the same according to law and the said will being proved by the oaths of WILLIAM HAMILTON and ROBERT HAMILTON is ordered to be recorded and the said MARIA having taken the oath of an Executrix and performed what is usual in such cases certificate is granted her for obtaining a probate thereof in due form.

Teste, JOHN WILLIAMS


No comments:

Post a Comment