Monday, July 27, 2015

Will: John Patterson (1804)

JOHN PATTERSON Will
Prince William County Will Book I, pg. 29
2 Jun 1804; proved 2 Jul 1804

In the Name of God Amen I JOHN PATTERSON of Prince William County in the state of Virginia being very sick but of sound disposing mind and memory thanks be to God do make this my last will and Testament in the following manner.  Imprimis.  It is my will and desire that all my just debts and funeral charges be paid in the first place.

Item I give and bequeath to my loving wife MARYANN one third part of my whole estate.  Item I give and bequeath to my son POSEY PATTERSON the sum of one shilling current money.  Item I give and bequeath unto my daughter CINDERILLA MOUNTJOY one shilling current money.  Item I give & bequeath unto my son FRANCIS PATTERSON one shilling current money.  Item I give and bequeath unto my son JESSE PATTERSON one shilling current money.  Item I give and bequeath unto my eight youngest children named ELIZABETH, PHEBE, WILLIAIM, ALEXANDER, RICHARD, JENNY, BETSY, NANCY and POLLY all the rest of and residue of my estate to them and their heirs forever.

Lastly, I constitute and appoint my loving wife MARYANN my whole & sole Executrix of this my last will and testament hereby revoking all and every former will or wills be me heretofore made.  In Witness whereof I do hereunto set my hand and affix my seal this second day of June in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and four.

JOHN [his mark] PATTERSON   {seal}

Signed sealed published and declared by the testator JOHN PATTERSON as and for his last will and testament in the presence of us the subscribers whom he called upon to witness the same

JOHN WILLIAMS
PETER RISING
JOHN RAWDEN

At a Court held for Prince William County July 2nd 1804

The last will & testament of JOHN PATTERSON decd. was presented to the Court being proved by the oaths of JOHN WILLIAMS & PETER RISING was ordered to be recorded.

Teste

J. WILLIAMS  Ct. Cur.

At a Court of Quarter Sessions held for Prince William County November 5th 1804

MARYANN PATTERSON Executrix name din the last will and testament of JOHN PATTERSON decd. came into Court and made oath to the said will according to law and having taken the oath of an executrix and given bond with security according to law certificate is granted her for obtaining a probate thereof in due form.

Teste


J. WILLIAMS   Ct. Cur.

No comments:

Post a Comment