Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Will: Mary Ralls (1804)

MARY RALLS Will
Prince William County Will Book I, pg. 35
19 Apr 1803; proved 3 Sept 1804

In the name of God Amen, I MARY RALLS of Prince William County and State of Virginia being sick of body but sound in mind do make and declare this my last will & testament in manner and form as followeth to wit.

Item I give all and singular my effects which it has been pleas God to bless me with to my six grand children.  Daughters and sons of KENAZ RALLS aged as followeth.  ARTIMISIA BRONSON born 24th Feby 1786, JOSHUA EDWARD BRONIN RALLS 24th March 1790, JOHN HEBER BRONIN RALLS 28th Feby 1793, SALLEY WILSON BRONIN RALLS 1st Nov 1795; WM. CRAWFORD BRONIN RALLS 1st August 1798, KENAZ HARVEY BRONIN RALLS 1st Dec. 1800 one feather bed and furniture viz. all my wearing apparel of every kind &  it is my will and desire that the above named children shall have all and every part of the estate of my two sons HEBER RALLS and JOHN RALLS that may belong to them or me by the will or death of their father or by the will of their grand father or death or the death of any persons elses also it is my will and desire that the above named children shall have all what my son JOHN RALL left me by will or otherwise.  Lastly I appoint my son KENAZ RALLS my Executor to receive sue or otherwise as he may think best to collect what may belong to me or my two sons JOHN RALLS & HEBER RALLS its my desire that my Executor shall not be held to balk or any otherwise be answerable to any court or judg but shall proportion what he may receive among the above named six children.  Given under my hand this nineteenth day of April one thousand eight hundred and three.

MARY [her mark] RALLS  {seal}

Teste

The two words or me was interlined for signed. 

BENJ. PAYNE
GEORGE S. CROSBY

At a Court held for Prince William County Sept 3d. 1804

This last will and testament of MARY RALLS dec’d was proved by the oath of GEORGE L. CROSBY and ordered to be certified. 

And at a Court held for said County the 4th Day of Sept 1804

The last will and testament of MARY RALLS decd. was presented to the court by KENAZ RALLS Executor therein named who made oath to the same according to law and the said will being fully proved by the oath of BENJAMIN PAYNE was ordered to be recorded and the Testatrix having desired that her said Exor. Might not be forced to give security for the faithful performance of his Executorship, and the Court having examined Witnesses are of opinion that the said Testatrix died possessed of sufficient visible personal property to pay all her debts and the said Executor having taken the oath prescribed by law certificate is granted him for obtaining a probate thereof in due form.

Teste
 JOHN WILLIAMS  Ct. Cur.

No comments:

Post a Comment