Monday, March 16, 2015

Will: Rebecca Bell (1823)

REBECCA BELL Will
Prince William County Will Book M, pg 2
10 Aug 1822; proved 03 Mar 1823

In the name of God Amen I REBECCA BELL of the County of Prince William & State of Virginia being weak in body but of sound and perfect mind and memory blessed be Almighty God for the same do make and publish this my last will and testament in manner and form following that is to say I commit my soul to Almighty God trusting that through the redeeming grace of the Savior he will forgive my sins, I request that my body should be decently interred for defraying the expenses of which I wish two bull yearlings to be sold.  The balance of my property I give and bequeath in the following manner, Viz; to my grandson THOMAS GUY, his heirs or assigns one large brindle cow, one hog and one ewe.  To my granddaughter NANCY one bed and furniture one cow of a brindle & white color and one ewe, to my granddaughter ELIZABETH one bed and furniture and one heifer it is further my wish that if either of my grand daughters should die without issue what property I have left her shall belong to the other, it is further my wish that the following articles shall be sold, one iron pot and stew pan one tea kettle eight spoons, one washing tub and bread tray and the proceeds equally divided between the three children above named and as it was my wish that the sheep should be equally divided among the three I wish my Executor to value the two sheep and the one third of the value to be paid by THOMAS and NANCY to ELIZABETH for carrying the above will into execution.  I hereby constitute Majr. JOSEPH R. GILBERT my Executor as witness my hand and seal this tenth day of August 1822.

REBECCA BELL

Signed and sealed in the presence of
JAMES THOMPSON, WILLIAIM GRIFFID, PERRY GRIFFID

At a Court of Quarterly Sessions held for Prince William County  Marcy 3rd 1823 this last will and testament of REBECCA BELL decd was presented to the court and being proved by the oaths of JAMES THOMPSON and PERCY GRIFFID is admitted to record.

At a Court of Quarterly Sessions continued & held for Prince William County March 4th 1823.  JOSEPH R. GILBERT the Executor named in the last will and testament of REBECCA BELL decd came into court and made oat to the same and took the oath of an Exor. according to law and having performed what is usual in such cases certificate is granted him for obtaining probate thereof in due form.


Teste,  P. D. DAWE

No comments:

Post a Comment