Saturday, January 3, 2015

Will: Samuel Keys (1820)

SAMUEL KEYS Will
Prince William County Will Book L, pg. 351
30 Oct 1820; proved 05 Dec 1820

In the name of God Amen I SAMUEL KEYS of Prince William County & State of Virginia, being of sound mind and memory do make this my last will and testament viz. I give & bequeath unto my loving wife ELIZABETH KEYS one third of my estate.  Namely three head of horses, three head of cattle, three feather beads, & furniture, one old desk, one old pine table, five common chairs, one knife box, half dozen knives & forks, half doz. Common table spoons, on chest, three bead steads, one washing tub, three pigings & one pail, two puter basons, one pewter dish, 1 iron candle stick, one spining wheel, one loom, two iron pots, one spider, one dutch oven.  Also one cary plough, two dutch ploughs, & gear and one third of the crop of corn fodder & c. now in my possession the hogs now in the pen & corn, I leave for the support of all my children, and after all my just debts are paid I give & bequeath unto my two last children by marriage (namely WALLACE KEYS and LETICIA KEYS all the residue of my estate to be equally divided among them.)  Given under my hand and seal this 30th day of October, 1820.

SAMUEL KEYS  {seal}

Signed sealed & delivered in presence of
COLIN HAYES, JOS. R. GILBERT, WM. DAWE

At a Court Continued and held for Prince William County December 5th 1820

This last will and testament of SAML. KEYS decd. was presented to the Court & being proved by the oaths of COLIN HAYES & JOSEPH R. GILBERT is ordered to be recorded.

Teste, PHIL. D. DAWE

No comments:

Post a Comment