Friday, December 12, 2014

Friend of Friends Friday: Will: Thomas Oliver (1796)

THOMAS OLIVER Will
Prince William County Will Book H, pg. 165
25 Feb 1796; proved 9 Mar 1796

In the name of God Amen, I THOMAS OLIVER of the town of Dumfries and County of Prince William and State of Virginia being in imperfect health, but of sound mind and memory do make and declare this my last will and testament in manner and form following, after all my just debts are paid.  Imprimis I give and bequeath to HENRY PERRY all my property in Philadelphia one hundred pounds to be paid out of this Estate when he becomes of age.

2nd.  I give fifty pounds to ADAM COOKE.

3rd  I give to HARREY NOEL my negro girl named BETSY.

4th  I give all the rest of my property real and personal to my wife RACHEL OLIVER.

I constitute and appoint my friends Mr. TIMOTHY BRUNDIGE and WILLOUGHBY TEBBS Executors to this my last will and testament this 25th day of Febry 1746.

THOMAS OLIVER  {seal}

Signed, Sealed and acknowledged published and declared this as and for my last will and testament in presence of

GEO. GRAHAM
JO. SPINCE
JAMES ESPEZ

At a Court continued and held for Prince William County the 9th day of March 1796.

This last will and testament of THOMAS OLIVER was presented to the Court by TIMOTHY BRUNDIGE and WILLOUGHBY TEBBS the Executors therein named who renounced the burthen of the Execution thereof and the same being proved by the oaths of GEORGE GRAHAM, JOHN SPINCE, and JAMES ESPEZ the witnesses thereto it was ordered to be recorded.

Teste


JOHN WILLIAMS  Ct. Cur.

No comments:

Post a Comment