Friday, December 5, 2014

Friend of Friends Friday: Will: Thomas Green (1825)

THOMAS GREEN Will
Prince William County Will Book M, pg 229
08 Nov 1824; proved 03 Jan 1825

In the name of God Amen I THOMAS GREEN being sick of body but of perfect mind and memory and calling to mind the mortality of my body and knowing that it is appointed for all men once to die do make ordain constitute & appoint this my last will and testament and first of all I recommend my soul into the hands of Almighty God & my body to the earth to be buried in decent burial & as touching my earthly goods, I dispose of in the following manner.  In the first place I give and bequeath to my beloved son THOMPSON GREEN negroes DICK, NAT & SANDY.  In the second place my will & desire is that Mr. NATHAN HAISLIP whom I appoint as my Executor shall retain in his hands of my estate so much as shall be a sufficient support for my daughter BETSY GREEN during her life and then to return to my son & daughter THOMPSON & POLLY GREEN and lastly I give and bequeath to my son THOMPSON GREEN & my daughter POLLY GREEN the whole of the residue of property of every discription both real & personal to be equally divided between them.  In testimony whereof I have hereunto set my hand & seal this 8th November 1824.

THOS. GREEN

Attest,
WILLIAM THORNBERRY, WILLIAM P. DUNNINGTON, PHILIP WARDER

At a Court held for Prince William County January 3d 1825.

This last will and testament of THOMAS GREEN decd. was presented to the Court and being proved by the oath of WILLIAM P. DUNNINGTON is ordered to be certified and at a court held for said County February the 7th 1825.  This last will and testament of THOMAS GREEN decd. was fully proved by the oath of WILLIAM THORNBERRY & admitted to record.


Teste, P. D. DAWE

No comments:

Post a Comment