Friday, October 3, 2014

Friend of Friends Friday: Will: Susannah Feagan (1817)

SUSANNAH FEAGAN Will
Prince William County Will Book L, pg. 31
02 Aug 1816; proved 07 Apr 1817

In the name of God Amen I SUSANNAH FEAGAN of the County of Prince William & State of Virginia being low in health but sound in mind do make this my last will and testament, first, I desire that all my just debts shall be paid.  Secondly that all both real and personal estate of mine shall be for the sole use of my brother EDWARD and GRACE my sister to them and their heirs forever accept one negroe girl by the name of SARAH I give to FRANCIS FEAGAN, and one negroe boy by the name of NAT I give to RAUGHLY FEAGAN, sons of my brother HENRY FEAGAN decd.  Thirdly I desire that the loungest liver of the above named Brother & Sister shall have all both real & personal estate forever, accept the negro boy and girl, given to my two nephews FRANCIS & RAUGHLY FEAGAN.  Fourthly and lastly I do constitute and appoint JOHN WASHINGTON and WILLIAM GREEN my sole executors of this my last will and testament.  In witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand and affixed my seal this second day of August in the year of our lord eighteen hundred and sixteen.

SUSANNAH FEAGAN {seal}

Witness:

WM. GREEN, ELIJAH KERCHIVAL, WM. RATCLIFF, EVAN J. OWENS

At a Court held for Prince William County April 7th 1817.  This last will and testament of SUSANNAH FEAGAN decd. was presented to the Court by WM. GREEN one of the Executors therein named and being proved by the oaths of WM. GREEN and ELIJAH KERCHIVEL is ordered to be recorded.  & At a Court for said County May 5th 1817 this said last will and testament of SUSANNAH FEAGAN decd. was fully proved by the oath of EVAN J. OWENS and admitted to record.  & At a Court of Quarterly sessions continued and held for Prince William County June 2nd 1818 on the motion of JNO. BROWN it is ordered that GERARD ALEXANDER sheriff of the County do take into his possession the estate of SUSANNAH FEAGAN decd. and administer the same according to law, it appearing to the Court that she has been dead upwards of three months and no person has applied for administration on said Estate.


Teste, PHIL. D. DAWE

No comments:

Post a Comment