Friday, October 17, 2014

Friend of Friends Friday: Will: Philip Spiller (1821)

PHILIP SPILLER Will
Prince William County Will Book L, pg 352
13 Jul 1820; proved 05 Feb 1821

In the name of God Amen I PHILIP SPILLER being aged and infirm but of a proper mind and sense do ordain this my last will and testament in manner and form following that is to say after my lawful debt is paid I give to my wife DIANE SPILLER one negro man named BARTLY also one negro girl named MAKALEY to dispose of as she thinks proper also one negro woman named JANE to be free after my wife decease also the half of my moveble property the balance of my estate to be sold and equally divided between my sons and daughters which are these PHILIP SPILLER, AMOS SPILLER, SOPHIAH SCANTLING, CLOE THRILKIL, ELEZEBETH SPILLER.  Lastly I leave my beloved wife DIANE SPILLER and E. W. SIMPSON son of WILLIAM SIMPSON and A. W. GOSSOM and HENRY LETCHMAN Executors to this my last will and testament.  Given under my hand and seal this the thirteenth day of July in the year of our Lord 1820.

PHILIP SPILLER

In presence of

THOS. GOSSOM, JOHN DAVIS, JOHN BLOKNEY

At a Court held for Prince William County Feby 5th 1821

This last will and testament of PHILIP SPILLER decd. was presented to the Court and being proved by the oaths of JOHN DAVIS and JOHN BLOKNEY is ordered to be recorded.

And at a Court of Quarterly Sessions held for Prince William County March 5th 1821.  EDWARD W. SIMPSON one of the Exors. Named in the last will and testament of PHIL. SPILLER decd. came into Court and made oath to the same according to Law and having taken the oath of an Exor. and performed what is usual in such cases certificate is granted him for obtaining a probate thereof in due form.


Teste,  P. D. DAWE

No comments:

Post a Comment