Saturday, July 26, 2014

Will: John Dye, Jr. (1798)

JOHN DYE Junr. Will
Prince William County Will Bk. H, pg. 260
18 Mar 1798; proved 7 May 1798

In the name of God amen I JOHN DYE JUNR. Of the County of Prince William & State of Virginia having my proper reason & memory do constitute this my last will and testament disallowing all other wills and testaments by me heretofore made.  And first I recommend my soul to God who gave it, and as to my worldly property I do give and dispose of in the following manner.

Item I give unto my daughter SARAH LEE thirty pounds which she has already in her possession.

Item I give unto my daughter LYDIA PRIDMORE thirty pounds which she has already in her possession.

Item  I give unto my three sons namely JAMES, JOHN & DANIEL thirty pounds each, to be paid unto them as they come of age.

Item I give unto my beloved wife all the remainder of my estate both real and personal during her natural life, and after her death to be equally divided between my five children, or their heirs namely SARAH, DYDDA, JAMES, JOHN & DANIEL.  And I do hereby othorize and appoint my beloved wife MARY my Executrix & my friend RUTT JOHNSTON my Executor to this my last will and testament.  Signed sealed & pronounced this eighteenth day of March Anno Domi one thousand seven hundred & ninety eight.

JOHN DYE JUNR.  {seal}

JOHN KINCHELOE
WILLIAM HIXSON
WILLIAM DYE

At a Court held for Prince Wm. County the 7th Day of May 1798

This last will and testament of JOHN DYE JR. deceased was presented to the Court by MARY DYE and RUTT JOHNSTON the Executrix and Executor therein named who made oath thereto according to law and the said will being proved by the oaths of WILLIAM HIXON and WILLIAM DYE was ordered to be recorded and the said Executrix & Executor having performed what is usual cases certificate is granted them for obtaining a probate thereof in due form.

Teste
JOHN WILLIAMS  Cl Cur.

No comments:

Post a Comment