Friday, April 11, 2014

Will: James Dalton (1812)

JAMES DALTON Will
Prince William County Will Book K, pg. 144
21 July 1811; proved 3 Feb 1812

I give and bequeath to my grand daughter KATHY CASH (the oldest child of my daughter ELIZABETH LEE) my negro man BEN and all the money that may now or hereafter may be due me by bond note or otherwise but if the said KATY CASH dies before she arrives at the age of twenty one or marries then and in that case I desire that my property of every kind may be divided equally between my four daughters RACHEL DUNSFORD, CHARITY MARTIN, ANNA DUNNINGTON and ELIZABETH LEE – I appoint my friend REDWOOD EVANS Executor of this my last & testament.  In Witness whereof I do hereunto set my hand & affix my seal this twenty first day of July eighteen hundred and eleven.

The words may be interlined before signing.

JAMES DALTON  {seal}

Signed sealed & acknowledged in the presence of us

ROB. GRAHAM
CHARITY BOHANNON
ANN REEDS

At a Court held for Prince William County February 3rd 1812.

This last will and testament of JAMES DALTON decd. was presented to the Court by REDWOOD EVANS the Executor therein named who made oath to the same according to law and the said will being proved by the oaths of CHARITY BOHANNON and ANN REEDS is ordered to be recorded and the said REDWOOD EVANS having taken the oath of an Executor and performed what is usual in such cases certificate is granted him for obtaining a probate thereof in due form.


Teste,  J. WILLIAMS

No comments:

Post a Comment