Friday, March 7, 2014

Will: Daniel McDaniel (1815)

DANIEL MCDANIEL Will
Prince William County Will Book K, pg. 455
12 Aug 1815; roved 04 Sep 1815

In the name of God Amen I DANIEL MCDANIEL of the County of Prince William do make and ordain this my last will and testament Imprimis Whereof I do devise unto my dear wife DOROTHY MCDANIEL after my just debts and funeral charges and administration are paid, my desire is that the whole of my property should be sold on nine months credit and that my dear wife before mentioned should receive one fifth part of the proceeds of my estate to have to her own disposal her not flying to her thirds.  Item I give to my son JAMES one fifth of the proceeds of my estate as he is now at age to him and his heirs.  Item I give to my daughter ANN one fifth of the proceeds of my estate when she arrives to age or is married to her and her heirs.  Item I give to my son ANDREW when he arrives to age one other fifth part of the proceeds of my estate to him and his heirs.  Item I give to my youngest son SANFORD the other fifth part of the proceeds of my estate when he arrives to age to him and his heirs.  I constitute and appoint my friend THOMAS GUY my Executor of this my last will and testament revoking all others heretofore made by me.  I have hereunto set my hand and affixed my seal the twelfth day of August 1815.

DANIEL MCDANIEL {seal}

Signed in presence of WILLIAM MCDANIEL, ROBERT HEDGES

At a Court held for Prince William County Sept. 4th 1815

This last will and testament of DANIEL MCDANIEL deceased was presented to the Court and being proved by the oaths of WILLIAM MCDANIEL and ROBERT HEDGES is ordered to be recorded.

And at a Court held for said County January 1st 1816

On the motion of PHILIP HARRISON, it is ordered that JAMES DENEALE Sheriff of this County do take into his possession the estate of DANIEL MCDANIEL dec. & administer the same according to law.  It appearing to the Court that the said MCDANIEL hath been dead upwards of three months and no person having applied for administration on the said Estate.

And at a Court held for said County Aril 1st 1816

DOLLY MCDANIEL the widow of DANIEL MCDANIEL decd. came into Court and declared that she would not accept or take the provision made for her by the will of the said DANIEL MCDANIEL her husband or any part thereof and that she renounced all benefit which she might claim under the said will and desired that her renunciation of the said will should be admitted to record which is accordingly done.


Teste, PHIL. D. DAWE

No comments:

Post a Comment