Friday, February 7, 2014

Will: Athaliah Robertson (1814)

ATHALIAH ROBERTSON Will
Prince William County Will Book K, pg. 283
23 Dec 1812; proved 07 Mar 1814

In the name of God Amen I ATHALIAH ROBERTSON of the County of Prince William and State of Virginia being sick and weak of body but of sound sense and memory do make and ordain this my last will and testament in manner and form following Viz. – 1st I give and bequeath my tract of land on which I now live lying and being in the aforesaid County containing one hundred fifty acres more or less to my two daughters LUCY ROBERTSON and ELENOR ROBERTSON to be equally divided between them to them and their heirs forever.  2nd I give to my daughter LUCY ROBERTSON one negro man named DANIEL to her and her heirs forever.  3rd I give to my daughter ELENOR ROBERTSON one negro woman named SUCKEY to her and her heirs forever.  Lastly I nominate and appoint my friend STEPHEN FRENCH Executor to this my last will and testament.  In Witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand and affixed my seal this twenty third day of December in the year of our Lord eighteen hundred and twelve.

ATHALIAH ROBERTSON  {seal}

Signed sealed and delivered in presence of

JNO EDRINGTON, PRESLEY GILL, ELIJAH DAWSON

At a Court of Quarterly Sessions held for Prince William County March 7th 1814

This last will and testament of ATHALIAH ROBERTSON decd. was presented to the Court and being proved by the oaths of PRESLEY GILL and ELIJAH DAWSON is ordered to be recorded.

Teste, PHIL. D. DAWE



No comments:

Post a Comment