Monday, August 26, 2013

Will: Sukey Payne (1819)

SUKEY PAYNE Will
Prince William County Will Book L. pg. 302
13 Mar 1819; proved 04 Oct 1819

In the name of God Amen Be it remembered that I SUKEY PAYNE of the County of Prince William and Commonwealth of Virginia being weak in body but of sound mind and memory thanking God for the same, do publish this writing as my last will and testament.  First it is my desire that all my just debts may be paid.  Secondly I give and bequeath unto LUCY PAYNE (alias) WILLIAMS daughter of my son THOMAS PAYNE and her heirs forever all the stock I may be possessed of at the time of my decease consisting of horses cows hogs and sheep together with the plantation & utensils of every description.  In witness whereof I’ve hereunto set my hand and affixed my seal this 13th day of March 1819.

SUKEY PAYNE  {seal}

Sign’d publish’d and declar’d by SUKEY PAYNE as her last will & testament in presence of
WILLIAM NELSON, THORNTON MONJOY

At a Court held for Prince William County October 4th, 1819

This last will and testament of SUKEY PAYNE decd was presented to the Court and being proved by the oaths of WILLIAM NELSON and THORNTON MONJOY is ordered to be recorded.

Teste,  PHIL. D. DAWE


No comments:

Post a Comment