Thursday, May 30, 2013

Will: Christoper Windsor

Christopher Windsor Will
Will Book R, pg 63-64

I Christopher Windsor of Prince William Co. Va do make and ordain this my last will and testament in a manner and form following viz. I give and bequeath to my two sons, John Richard and James Thomas Windsor all my landed estate to be divided equally in a number of acres between them. [T]o my son John R. I give the lower end, and James Thomas the homestead. My boy John I give and bequeath to my son James T. Windsor and the rest of the blacks viz Margaret, Martha and two children and if there should be any other increase before the division I wish them equally divided between my two sons Jno. R. and James T. Windsor. The above named blacks (ie) Jno. Richards share of them I wish left in my son Jas. Thomas's hands in order that they may not be sold, yet they are for Jno. Richards benefit. I also bequeath to my son James T. the waggon and gear. I wish all the (ie) my property to remain as it now is so long as I or my beloved wife Sarah Francis shall live. All money I give and bequeath to my beloved wife Sarah Francis during her life. I also nominate, constitute, and appoint my son James Windsor sole Executor of this my last will and testament.

In witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal the Twentieth day of Febr. Eighteen hundred and fifty-seven.

Christopher Windsor {X his mark} {Seal}

Signed, sealed, published and declared by the said Testator Christopher Windsor as and for his last will and testament in the presence of us who have subscribed our names as witnesses thereto, in the presence of the said Testator.

Ben Glasscock
Mynore E. Gregg
Edward T. Windsor

At a Court held for Prince William County October 2d 1865

This last will and testament of Christopher Windsor deceased was proved by the oath of Ben Glasscock a subscribing witness thereto which is ordered to be certified.

At a Court held for Prince William County February 5th 1866

This last will and testament of Christopher Windsor deceased was further proved by the oath of Mynore E. Gregg and ordered to be certified.

At a Court held for Prince William County July 2d 1866

This last will and testament of Christopher Windsor deceased which has been heretofore proved in this county by the oath of two of the subscribing witnesses is ordered to be recorded, and James T. Windsor the Executor therein named made oath thereto according to law, and having taken the oath of an Executor together with John R. Windsor his security who justified as to his sufficiency entered into and acknowledged a bond in the penalty of four thousand dollars conditioned as the law directs, letter testamentary of the personas Estate of the said decedant and granted the said J. T. Windsor in due form.


Teste, M. B. Sinclair clerk



No comments:

Post a Comment