Monday, November 26, 2012

Will: John Lucas (4 June 1871)


John Lucas Will
Prince William County Liber 18, Folio 627

In the name of God Amen I John Lucas of the County of Prince William and state of Virginia being of sound mind and in full pursession of my mental facilities make this my last will and testament never having made or executed any other will or desire.  I hereby give and bequeath all my personal estate which shall be left after the payment of all my just debts and liabilities to Caroline Fletcher of the county of Prince William and state of Virginia.  I also give and bequeath to the aforesaid Caroline Fletcher all my right title and interest to the tract of land on which I now reside which tract of land decended to me from my father Samuel Lucas to have and to hold during the term of her natural life.  I further will and desire the said tract of land at the decease of Caroline Fletcher to her daughter Helen Catherine the wife of Alexander Harris and his heirs forever.

In testimony whereof I have affixed my hand and seal this thirty first day in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and sixty-six.

John [X his mark] Lucas {seal}

B. F. Lewis Witness
John Y. Cundiff Witness

I Prince William County Court June 4th 1871

    The last will and testament of John Lucas deceased was this day proved in open court by the oath of B. Fl Lewis one of the subscribing witnesses thereto which is ordered to be certified and in Prince William County Court March 6th 1871 the said will was again produced in court and being fully proved by the oath of John Y. Cundiff a subscribing witness thereto is ordered to be recorded.

Teste,  L. A. Davis, clerk

No comments:

Post a Comment