Saturday, May 26, 2012

Will of William Bauzel


William Bauzel's Will
PWCo Will Book I, pg. 320

In the name of God Amen I William Bauzel of Prince William County Planter being weak in body but having my perfect reason and right of sences & understanding do hereby make my last will and testament.  Ipromis, I give and bequeath unto my well be Loved wife Mary Bauzel all my estate possessions and property as long as she may live except one feather bed and furniture that I leave unto my sun Richard Bauzel and after my wife Mary Bauzel decease for all the rest of my property to be equally devided amongst all my children except my sun George and at his decease for his part to be returned unto the rest of my children, January the 3rd day One Thousand Eight Hundred & Seven.  I leave my wife Mary Bauzel & my sun William Bauzel my Executors.

{signed} William [X his mark] Bauzel

Signed Sealed acknowledges & delivers in the presants of
Alen Bland
Jessey Warder
William Loard

At a Court held for Prince William County February 2nd 1807.  This last will & testament of William Bauzel dec'd was presented to the Court and being proved by the oaths of Jessy Warder, William Loard & Allen Bland was ordered to be recorded.

And at a Court cont and held for said County April 7th 1807 Mary Boswell Executrix named in the last will and testament of William Bauzel dec'd came into Court and renounced the burthen of the Execution thereof and William Boswell Executor named in the said Will came unto Court and made thereto according to Law and having taken the Oath of an Executor and entered into bond with Security according to the Law certificate is granted him for obtaining a probate thereof in due form.

Teste, J. Williams

[All spelling errors are as written in the Will book ~cgl]

No comments:

Post a Comment