Thursday, May 10, 2012

Will: Lewis H. McCoy

Lewis H. McCoy Will
Will Book R:5
Dated:  13 July 1861
Proved:  6 November 1866

I Lewis H. McCoy of the County of Prince William and State of Virginian do make this my last will & testament, do will and convey to C.W.C. McCoy during his life all of my property of every discription during his life and at his death to revert to his three children, George McCoy, Leonard McCoy, and Lewis McCoy.  As for John McCoy, I leave a Bible.  My mother I leave her a Bible. Also my sister Alice Shaw I leave her my kindest regards.  In case C. W. C. McCoy should recind it I leave to J. H. O'Rear as my executor.

Given under my hand & seal this 13th day of July 1861.

Lewis H. McCoy {seal}

Teste,
Horace Smoot
John H. O'Rear

At a quarterly court held for Prince William County on the 6th day of November 1866.

This last Will and Testament of Lewis H. McCoy was proved in open court by the oath of Horace Smoot & John H. O'Rear the subscribing witnesses thereto and ordered to be recorded.

Teste, M. B. Sinclair, Clk

No comments:

Post a Comment