Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Will: Ann Bell


Ann Bell's Will
Prince William County, VA Will Book I, Page 16
Dated 14 August 1797; Proved 7 February 1804

In the name of God Amen, I Ann Bell of the county of Prince William do make this my last will and testament in manner and form as follows,

Item, I give to my son Barton Bell one shilling sterling
Item, I give to my daughter Rebeckey Bell one shilling sterling
Item, I give to my son John Bell one shilling sterling
Item, I give to my son Walter Bell one shilling sterling

Item I now give and bequeath unto my two youngest daughters Viz. Darkey Bell and Martha Bell and the heirs of their bodies lawfully begotten the whole of what I may dye possessed of their paying all just demands against me or my estate.  And should either die without heir lawfully begotten the longest liver of them two to have all.  Lastly, I constitute my two youngest daughters Darkey and Martha Bell my whole and sole Executrix and Administratrix of this my last will and testament hereby revoking all former wills ever made by me.  In witness I have hereunto set my hand and seal this fourteenth day of August in the year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and ninety seven.

Ann {X her mark} Bell {seal}

Signed in presence of
William Carter
John Carter

At a Court continued and held for Prince Wm. County, Feby. 7th, 1804.

This last will and testament of Ann Bell deceased was presented to the Court and being proved by the oaths of Wm. Carter and John Carter was ordered to be recorded.

Teste.
John Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment