Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Will: Thomas Mount

Here's yet another example of why Chancery cases are a rich source of genealogical/historical information.  The following Will of Thomas Mount is copied in Fauquier County, VA's Chancery Case No. 1836-013 (online at the Library of Virginia Chancery Collection).  According to the staff at RELIC, this Will does NOT appear on the Prince William County Will Indexes!



Will of Thomas Mount
Prince William County, VA
No Will Book known
Copied in Fauquier County, VA Chancery Case 1836-013 (LVA)

I Thomas C. Mount of County of Prince William being of sound mind but infirm health do make this my last will and testament.  I desire that all my just debts be paid out of my Estate and the balance both real and personal I give to my sister Elizabeth W. G. Mount and I do also appoint Elizabeth W. G. Mount, Executrix of my Estate this 8th day of January 1828.

Thos. C. Mount

At a Court held for P.Wm. County this 1st day of September 1828.  This last will and testament of Thos. C. Mount, decd., was presented to the Court and it appearing to the Court, from their inspection and the evidence of two witnesses that the same will is in the hand writing of the said Thomas C. Mount, said will is admitted to record, and Elizabeth W. G. Mount the Executrix named in the last will and testament of Thos. C. Mount, decd. Came into Court and made oath to the same as according to law, and having taken the oath of an Executrix and performing what is usual in such cases Certificate is granted her for obtaining a probate thereof in due form.

Teste.
P. D. Dawe

A Copy
Teste.
P. D. Dawe

No comments:

Post a Comment