Friday, May 27, 2011

Will: William Lee, Sr.


WILLIAM LEE SR. Will
Prince William County Will Book L, pg. 343
24 Jun 1820; proved 09 Aug 1820

I WILLIAM LEE SENR. Do hereby make my last will and testament in manner and form following that is to say: 1st I desire that all my estate or property after my decease my just debts & funeral expenses being paid shall remain in the hands of my beloved wife MARY LEE & her to be in full possession & enjoyment of the same during her natural life.  2nd To my son WM. LEE I give & bequeath a cow & calf at the death of my wife to come into his possession. 3rd To my daughter NANCY I give in like manner one heifer be hers at my wife’s decease. 4th To my son HENRY I give & bequeath a bed which now goes by the name of his to fall to him in like manner at my wifes decease. 5. To my two daughters ELIZABETH & WILHELMINA I give & bequeath all the remaining property over which I now have controul after my just debts & funeral expences are paid and the above items are fulfild after my wifes decease. And lastly I do hereby constitute & appoint my friends Col. GERARD ALEXANDER Sr. & Major CHARLES EWELL SENR. Executors of this my last will and testament hereby revoking all other or former wills or testaments by me heretofore made.  In witness whereof, I have hereunto set my hand & affixed my seal this 24th day of June in the year of our Lords one thousand eight hundred & twenty.

WM. LEE SENR.  {seal}

Signed sealed published & declared as & for the last will and testament of the above named WM. LEE SENR. In presence of us
WM. P. DUNNINGTON, JOHN W. PETTY

At a Court of Quarterly Sessions held for Prince William County Aug 9th 1820 This last will and testament of WM. LEE SENR. Decd was presented to the Court and being proved by the oaths of WM. P. DUNNINGTON and JNO. W. PETTY is ordered to be recorded.

Teste, PHIL. D. DAWE

No comments:

Post a Comment