Friday, February 4, 2011

Surname: Calvert

One of the things I hope to do with this blog is spotlight surnames in PWCo with documents, transcripts, and links.  Some of the surnames will be ones I'm personally researching (like Cole and Lynn), while others will have no relation whatsoever. 

Today's surname is CALVERT.  Why?  Because I happened across a website devoted to the CALVERT family of Neabsco Creek.  It doesn't appear to have been updated recently but there may be some information there that will help folks researching the family.

Calvert Family Genealogy

Do you have a name in the county that you're especially interested in?  Comment and let me know!

5 comments:

  1. I am glad to have stumbled upon this blog. This area is so rich in history. I plan to bookmark this as another resource. Thanks!
    Regards,
    Theresa (Tangled Trees)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Theresa. You're so right; there's so much history in PWCo, from Revolutionary to Civil War and beyond, that I don't think I'll ever run out of interesting links or records to share. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great site. Thank you for sharing your research with us. I am researching, primarily, Davis in PW county. Allied families include Fairfax, Simpson and Windsor.
    Kathy (K Page)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathy. I appreciate the compliment. It's a labor of love -- well, not really a labor. And I love sharing my research. I have quite a bit of information on the PWCo Davis family, especially the ones who married the Lynn family. If you're looking for a specific Davis, please let me know.

      Delete
  4. I am related to the hooe family of mayfield plantation. Manassas. Looking for pictures of home & family

    ReplyDelete